This section contains pages concerning model railroad subjects. Much of the material is centered upon information and technique which is the result of my over-40 years worth of experience building and repairing things on a professional in model railroading.
- Steel Mills - Information about construction of H0-Scale steel mills, both the kits manufactured by Wm. K. Walthers and also the close-to-scratchbuilt Plastruct “false front” kits.
- Chicago Tunnel Company - My efforts at building a model of the Chicago Tunnel Company.
- Refinery - Some construction thoughts on the Walthers petroleum refinery kits in H0 and N-Scale.
- Coffee Tables - Some thoughts on constructing coffee tables with trains inside.
- Amstetten - My own Gauge 1 railroad.
- Traction - Some pages on constructing model of streetcars and interurban trolleys.
- Technique - My thoughts on several aspects of model railroad construction, primarily concerning structures and painting techniques, along with words about improving the performance of locomotive mechanisms (surely becoming a lost art in these days of very fine models that come straight out of the box).
- Electronics - I’ve been interested in advanced model railroad control since General Electric came out with Astrac in the 1960’s and I have a few modest opinions.
Enjoy, but the usual caveats apply.